This is transcribed from an original Church of Scientology document. Quote from Martin Hunt's ARS Acronym/Terminology FAQ:
"SP, Suppressive Person, an evil person; someone who criticizes Scientology in any way. (the two are one and the same in the cult) SPs are the cult's _1984_ Goldsteins, and give definition to the group and a common enemy. Supposedly, some large fraction of the total population is composed of these "anti-social" characters, variously cited as 2% or 20%.Many accusations are made against individuals in a SP Declare.
Hubbard listed 12 traits of the SP, such as talking in generalities, criticism, and so forth. SPs are formally "declared" with a goldenrod issue, and lists are kept of these dangerous people. Ars has adopted its own SP levels as a badge of honour; in Scientology, there are no levels of SP.
SPs create PTSes, people who are influenced by them. See MU, PTS, Disconnection." http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~av282/terms.htm
This document is presented here for historical purposes and any claims in it should not be assumed to be true. Many former Scientologists have reported that false accusations were made against them in their declare in order to get them out of the cult.
[START SP DECLARE]
FLAG CONDITIONS ORDER 6500-2 2 February 1982 BPI
_SUPPRESSIVE PERSON DECLARE_ _BILL FRANKS_
Bill Franks is hereby declared a SUPPRESSIVE PERSON.
He has committed the following Crimes, High Crimes and Suppressive Acts against the Church of Scientology and his fellow Scientologists, as defined the Justice Codes of the Church, and although confronted with his actions and their consequences, he has failed to take responsibility for them.
He is a blown SO member.
1. PLACING SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS AT RISK.
2. OMISSIONS AND NON-COMPLIANCE REQUIRING HEAVY INTERVEN- TION CONSUMING TIME AND MONEY WITH DEV-T.
3. OVERWORKING AN EXECUTIVE BY IGNORING ONE'S DUTIES.
4. CONDONING CIRCUMSTANCES OR OFFENSES CAPABLE OF BRINGING A COURSE, SECTION, UNIT, DEPARTMENT, ORGANIZATION, ZONE ON DIVISION TO A STATE OF COLLAPSE.
5. NEGLECT OF RESPONSIBILITIES RESULTING IN A CATASTROPHE EVEN WHEN ANOTHER MANAGES TO AVERT THE FINAL CONSEQUENCES.
6. USING SCIENTOLOGY HARMFULLY.
7. HARMFUL, FLAGRANT AND CONTINUED CODE BREAKS RESULTING IN IMPORTANT UPSETS.
8. INCITING TO INSUBORDINATION.
9. REFUSAL TO UPHOLD DISCIPLINE.
10. INSTIGATING A LOCAL POWER PUSH AGAINST A SENIOR.
11. SPREADING DESTRUCTIVE RUMORS ABOUT SENIOR SCIENTOLOGISTS.
_HIGH CRIMES (SUPPRESSIVE ACTS)_:
1. PUBLIC STATEMENTS AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS BUT NOT COMMITTEES OF EVIDENCE DULY CONVENED.
3. ENGAGING IN MALICIOUS RUMOR-MONGERING TO DESTROY THE ATHORITY OR REPUTE OF HIGHER OFFICERS OR THE LEADING NAMES OF SCIENTOLOGY OR TO "SAFEGUEARD A POSITION".
4. SEEKING TO SPLINTER OFF AN AREA OF SCIENTOLOGY AND DENY IT PROPERLY CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY FOR PERSONAL PROFIT, PER- SONAL POWER OR TO "SAVE THE ORGANIZATION FROM THE HIGHER OFFICERS OF SCIENTOLOGY".
FCO 6500-2 - 2 -
As evidenced by the following:
1. In November 1981, Bill authorized Alan Walters (since declared suppressive) to hold the first Mission Holders Conference at Flag. At this November meeting, squirrel "group engram running" was done, during which a great deal of natter and entheta was aired. The terminals involved in alleged arbitraries were not present, so there was no way for arbitraries to be traced to source, or that all data on a situation could be brought to light. The correct way to handle upsets is contained in HCO PL 2 April 1965 URGENT, URGENT, URGENT, FALSE REPORTS.
2. Per HCO PL 11 Dec 80RA II THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR INTER- NATIONAL:
"The Executive Director International is senior to the Flag International Management Org (IMO). His immediate junior is the Commanding Officer (CO) IMO.
"In the carrying out of his duties, the Exec Dir Int would normally address his directives to the Flag Management Committee (FMC) or the CO IMO."
Per the above PL, Bill was responsible for management and the IMO. When the Mission Holders and field terminals came to Flag, Bill refused the help offered by the Command- ing Officer IMO (Class XII, OEC/FEBC, DSEC, Sea Org Officer) and Deputy Commanding Officer for Production. He told these officers that he personally did not trust them, which in fact denied them the right to wear their hats. He stated that the CO IMO and staff did not understand the field, yet he took no actions to remedy this alleged situation. He thus alienated himself from the International Management Org.
3. Prior to the Second Mission Holders' Meeting, Bill was given full rein to wear his hat by CMO Int. Hats were turned over to the IMO execs and they were told to run with it. Bill was told that he had the full back-up of CMO and WDC on expansion plans to get all Scientologists working together as a team, and was told to relay to the Mission Holders that CMO and WDC supported them. He was given the opportunity to sort out any beefs or unworkable lines, and refused to. At the Second Mission Holders' Meeting, Bill failed to communicate the above and withheld the data, and instead allowed the meeting to continue in the same manner as the first. The Special Board of Appeal had been set up and was handling any upsets, and the key outnesses the field had wanted handled were already under handling. Additionally, by his statements and actions at the conference, and his failure to communicate the true intentions of WDC and CMO Int, he widened the breach between the groups of Scientologists. At the meeting, Bill gave the impression that he was still trying to get his hat back and thus stirred up upset and discord. He misrepresented WDC's intentions. Bill also spread the generality that the whole of management was of the opinion that the the [sic] Mission Holders were a bunch of criminals. This of course is third party.
4. Following these meetings, a number of similar events were
held in the field. Two orgs were severely disrupted. Four
missions required extensive handling to ensure Scientology
delivery continued in the area. The end result has been
enturbulation in the field, serious distraction to getting
FCO 6500-2 - 3 -
on with the job of Scientology, and considerable field, org and management efforts to correctly locate the specific sources of enturbulation, handle, and get back on with the job at hand.
5. Following his suspension from post, Bill blew Flag, and refused to return for his Comm Ev.
6. Bill Franks wrote a petition for Leave of Absence, con- taining entheta, data on his "disagreements" and reasons for disaffection as outlined above, which was shown to other terminals in violation of HCO PL LEAVING AND LEAVES.
This petition was then circulated at the Flag Land Base, resulting in enturbulation and distraction.
7. Bill Franks was in a position to handle the scene, and despite being urged to handle, he did not do so. He in fact took actions which inflamed the scene further (blowing, spreading disaffection, LOA petition and disclosure, telling one person that a senior executive had turned and gone after him, and that he did not intend to return for Comm Ev or B of I).
8. Bill helped to create an enturbulative scene by his mis- leading impressions and failure to communicate the true position of senior bodies and individuals. Bill has chosen not to help clean up the scene, when he was in the position to do so though given ample opportunities to do so including invitations to avail himself of standard, per policy, Church justice procedure.
Due to the above, and the destructive results of his ac- tions, inactions and statements, Bill Franks is declared a Suppressive Person. Should Bill come to his senses and wish to recant, he is to apply steps A-E of HCO OL 16 May 80 II ETHICS, SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS. Should he fail to apply these steps he will be expelled from the Church of Scientology and debarred from Advanced Courses. Should he claim the label to be false, he may request a Committee of Evidence, per the above referenced policy letter, which states:
"... Should the person or group claim the label to be false, he, she or they may request a Committee of Evidence ..."
His only terminal is the International Justice Chief.
PO1 Paul Laquerre PL:pc International Justice Chief [END OF SP DECLARE] Best wishes,
Andreas Heldal-Lund, Nunsteinvegen 9, N-4056 Tananger, Norway
Pho: +47 90 04 32 99 Fax: 90 32 35 46 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
home.sol.no/~spirous www.xenu.net www.hedning.no/hedning
"If anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in
thought or deed, I will gladly change. I seek the truth, which
never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion
and ignorance which does harm." -- Marcus Aurelius