CoDependency/Dysfunctional families characteristics
ACOA/Dysfunctional Family Check List
If you can identify with many of the questions on the following
list, you may wish to investigate meetings for Children of Dysfunctional
or Alcoholic/Chemically Dependent Families.
1. I guess what normal is.
2. I have difficulty following projects through from beginning to end.
3. I lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth.
4. I judge myself without mercy.
5. I have difficulty having fun.
6. I take myself too seriously.
7. I have difficulty with intimate relationships.
8. I overreact to changes over which I have no control.
9. I feel different from other people.
10. I constantly seek approval and affirmation.
11. I am either super responsible or super irresponsible.
12. I am extremely loyal even in the face of evidence that the loyalty is
13. I look for immediate as opposed to deferred gratification.
14. I lock myself into a course of action without giving serious
consideration to alternate behaviors or possible consequences.
15. I seek tension and crisis and then complain about the results.
16. I avoid conflict or aggravate it; rarely do I deal with it.
17. I fear rejection and abandonment, yet I am rejecting of others.
18. I fear failure, but sabotage my success.
19. I fear criticism and judgement, yet I criticise and judge others.
20. I manage my time poorly and do not set my priorities in a way that
works well for me.