Law Offices of Charles E. Logan proposal:
Dear Mr. Henson,
I am hopeful the adversary and other proceedings can be settled on the following grounds. The RTC will agree to withdraw all motions and appeals and let this case come to an end if:
1. Ms Lucas receives 1/2 of the funds in the estate.
2. From her one half, Ms Lucas agrees to contribute $20,000 to the estate.
3. The Trustee will exercise her standing as a plaintiff in the adversary and compromise the controversy with Ms Lucas.
4. Funds will be distributed upon final court approval of a compromise with Ms Lucas.
5. Mr. Henson agrees to forgo any claims to the balance of his Homestead. He has already agreed to subordinate part of it to the expenses of the estate.
6. The remainder of the funds in the estate will be distributed to the RTC pursuant to its lien. This includes the 1/2 interest in the funds from the sale of the real property less the subordinated amount of the homestead 7. Ms Lucas, Mr. Henson, and the RTC will dismiss all actions and appeals they have against each other.
Please let me know if this is agreeable to you. It stops the parties' litigation and gets Ms Lucas' funds to her in the most expeditious way possible at this time. Without a compromise, Ms Lucas' funds will be tied up in an appeal or in litigation for quite a long time. Thanks, ....
Keith Henson reply:
Morally the above statement will be seen as a vicious extortion attempt against my wife even if it is legal for you to make it.
But if you want me to consider an offer you are going to have to spell it out in far more detail.
There is (for example) no mention of the money I owe the IRS. It is a substantial sum and if the case is dismissed, I believe interest and penalties would be applied. I understand that would not be so if the case was ruled on by a bankruptcy judge. In fact, an IRS agent threatened me;
if I give all the money to RTC, they can go after me for criminal penalties.
Then there are the credit cards and what I owe Stan Zlotoff and Jim Harr.
And the claims by the State of California.
And you have not mentioned the Dezotell claimants. Or are you making the claim that RTC speaks for them since they have Ken Hoden locked up in RTC's punishment program?
Nor have you mentioned the sanctions for extralegal acts against the party, RTC, Dezotell, and/or the Trustee depending on who hired and instructed the private investigator who injured me April 29 of this year (while *videotaping*!).
Admittedly the Trustee is not known for hiring thugs to criminally harass and the cult is, but the only information I have on the second level PI's client in the US is that they are involved in a lawsuit against me.
On the other hand, perhaps the Trustee has been picking up other bad habits from the "cult of greed and power" (Time Magazine).