On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:31:22 GMT, [email protected] (Human Rights Defense (ShyDavid)) wrote:
>On Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:53:24 GMT, "Fay Kalyus"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>> The Ontario Skeptics Society for Critical Inquiry (OSSCI) will be holding
>> its bi-monthly meeting this Friday. The general topic for this meeting is
>> The main speaker is Keith Henson, an anti-Scientology activist who is
>> seeking political refugee status in Canada after having been convicted of
>> "interfering with a religion" in California.
>Damn, I wish I could attend. Maybe I'll attend via "remote
For those not remote viewing, we had about 60 people show up, and if there were any scientologist, they didn't admit it.
Here are the slides I used with minor mods to make them a little more comprehensible. Keith Henson
(1) The scientology cult
And--Cults, drugs, sex, & Evolutionary Psychology Better understanding of cults and what they are & Why it brings out the worst
(2) Who was L. Ron Hubbard
Navy--www.ronthewarhero.org career 27 medals a farce. "Pathological liar when it comes to his history,background and achievements."
(3) L. Ron Hubbard
Penny a word writer "if you want a Million dollars, start a religion." Dianetics 50s to Scientology "Accountants and solicitors" Controversial and Litigious Paulette Cooper framed 77 18 suits
Humorless "Clearing the planet" FBI raids infiltrating 1977 Mary Sue and the GO 11 LRH died 1986 Abortion order 3905 (*) Rant
(5) Canadian cases
FBI found OPP files 77 40 file cabinets www(dot)xenu.ca Charity status denied Ď97
(6) Scn vs the Net
Rmgroup 1995 pickets Erlich raid Ms Blood Mission earth 9
(7) Scn vulnerable secrets
OT3/NOTS "barking mad" Scamizdat Remailers Lisa McPherson death
(8) Indictment Grady Ward
Letter to Judge Whyte Suit 1996 lost on SJ 1997, damages 1998
(9)Adventures, 11 suits
Pickets--hundreds LA and Riverside cases Car chase (read at end) Trial Trans on net
(10) WSJ editorial
"Judge Whyte has turned copyright law on its head. . . . The essence of the matter before him . . .is that the plaintiffs are using the law to muzzle their critics."
(11) IRS case 1998 Ruled no "standing" to bring case Appealed to the 9th circuit lost Jan. 29. "An IRS closing agreement cannot overrule Congress and the Supreme Court."
(12) Pickets gold base summer 2000
Ashlee Shaner killed, a front loader in the dark Stacy Moxon in a hot Transformer vault
(13) Scientology (Ab)uses the law
Arrest/unarrest 7/19/00 Hidden Sept 15 date Judges fear the cult DA office run by cult lawyer Elliot Abelson former Mafia lawyer
(14) Lost on Pre trial motions
No witnesses No Scn policies--TR-L Scn pays witnesses Most transcript webbed
(15) Becoming a Political refugee Toronto picket May 12 Immigration lawyer 17 Oakville place arrest 28 Jailed 11 days, 20 Local Pickets, 20k flyers
(16) Cults, Drugs, Sex and Memes Memes are RIP Element of culture/useful Hamilton Religion as an example Mystery memes vs genes? "Peak experience" story, tone of voice
(17) Drug Connection "Drug addiction involves co-opting the same neural circuitry that normally provides motivation for eating and sex Robert Edwards Professor, Neurology and Physiology
(18) Attention/drugs/status reward pathway
Why/how 12 step works Jim Jones Solar Temple Heavenís Gate Aum John Walker Lindh
(19) Some will do anything for the rush EP explains Capture bonding Patty Hearst Stockholm Syn Army/Frats/spouse abuse Moonies RPF Improved Deprogramming
(20) Scientology--a nasty meme Takes advantage of psychological traits L. Ron Hubbard--put 20% of people in quarantine, 2.5% dispose of quietly and without sorrow
Thomas Jefferson (to close)
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.".