From: [email protected] (Martin Ottmann)
Subject: Committee ov Evidence - January 5th, 1983
Date: 14 Jan 2003 12:58:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
SCIENTOLOGY MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
SMI INT ETHICS ORDER # 141
5 January 1983 All Missions All Orgs
COMMITTEE OF EVIDENCE
"Justice should serve as means of establishing guilt or innoncence and awarding damages to the injured. The fact of its use should not pre-establish guilt or award. Justice which by its employment alone establishes an atmosphere of guilt or greed is harmful and creates disorder.
"Justice should clarify. Good justice in effect runs out group engrams. Bad justice runs them in."
HCO PL Sept AD 13 COMMITTEES OF EVIDENCE SCIENTOLOGY JURISPRUDENCE, ADMINISTRATION OF
The following Eds/Mission Holders or ex-Eds or Mission Holders are hereby called before a Committee of Evidence to be held in Los Angeles, California.
Rohn Walker - Davis Peter and Lisa Crundall - Westwood Alan Hollander - Portland Leo Dow - Hollywood Peter Scupham - Atlanta Bob Rezzonico - East Bay Ed Mooney - Highland Park Carl Jardine - Steamboat Sprs. Maury and Sue Lerud - Chicago Andy Seidler - Peoria Jeff Youmans - Honolulu Eve Johnston - former CC Clearwater Joey Allesandrini - Santa Cruz, Los Gatos David Stokes - Boise John Balken - Salt Lake City Janet Buell - San Juan Capistrano Steve Surrey - Salt Lake City Steve Besio - San Francisco Pat McCabe - Fresno Dawn Lundt - Encanto [crossed out]
On October 17, 1982 the San Francisco Mission Holder Conference was held (reference SO ED 2104 INT). The entirety of the Mission Network was briefed fully and completely by the Senior Executives of the Church as to what the role of missions was and what was expected of each mission. The Mission Network was found to be in a Condition of Liability, at least, to the rest of the Scientology Network. To varying degrees the above interested parties have exhibited one or more of the following:
- low or non production in their missions - failure or refusal to expand either themselves or the mission or group under their care and responsibility - refusal to follow or apply ethics conditions to themselves and/or junior staff - out-Tech - natter and covert undermining of management direction - upset and disagreement with the 17 October Mission Holder Conference - closing missions unauthorized in violation of trademark and license agreements - hanging on to Org public - 3rd party of one S. O. unit to another
This Committee of Evidence is to determine the facts and clear the air once and for all. The charges to be heard by the Committee are as follows:
1. Continued adherence to a person or group accurately pronounced a Suppressive Person or Group by HCO.
2. Organizing splinter groups to confuse people about the true beliefs and practices of Scientology or to deceive them into considering that they will be able to study part or all of Scientology or receive standard Pastoral Counselling from the splinter group.
3. Organizing splinter groups which take and pervert Scientology materials or practices, in whole or in part, still calling it Scientology or calling it something else.
4. Seeking to splinter off an area of Scientology and deny it properly constituted authority for personal profit, personal power or to "save" Scientology.
5. Engaging in malicious rumour-mongering to destroy the authority or repute of one's fellows or executives of Scientology Churches or Missions or Organizations.
1. Placing Scientology or Scientologists at risk.
2. Omissions or non-compliance requiring heavy intervention by seniors consuming time and money, with dev-t.
3. Being or becoming a potential trouble source.
4. Withholding from local Scientology exectuvies (sic!) that he or she is a potential trouble source.
5. Failing to report a potential trouble source to local HCO.
6. Being a knowing accessory to a suppressive act.
7. Following illegal orders or illegal local policies or alter-is, knowing them to be different or contradictory to those issued by the International Board.
8. Permitting a section, unit, department, or zone or division to collapse.
9. Spreading destructive rumours about Senior Scientologists.
10. Overworking an executive by ignoring one's duties.
11. Neglect or omission in safeguarding the copyrights, registered marks, trademarks, registered names of Scientology.
12. Neglect of responsibilities resulting in a catastrophe even when another manages to avert the final consequences.
The Committee is to consist of:
Chairman: Lt. Karen Campbell Secretary: Gene Byrd Member: Annette Milford Member: Lynn Polacky Member: John Woodruff Member: Alan Bennett Member: Sally Malm
The Committee is to meet, gather knowledge reports, go over all the data and determine the innocence or guilt of the Interested Parties on the above charges. Should any other Crimes or High Crimes come to light on the above Interested Parties during the course of the Committee's investigation they are to be included into the Findings and Recommendations.
"When a state of discipline does not exist the whole group caves in. It has been noted continually that the failure of a group began with a lack of or loss of discipline."
HCO Pl 12 July 80R THE BASICS OF ETHICS
"I need to strengthen your hand and position. The best way I can do that is advise you to use Committees of Evidence in all matters of claim and discipline.
"As an executive you very often are sorely troubled by such problems. You have no time to fully hear all that could be said. You very often have to act on snap judgement. You can easily be accused of only favoring the last person who talked to you. In these and other ways your time, effectiveness and reputation may suffer.
"Stop worrying yourself over the 'unfairly dismissed staff member' or the discipline you were forced to recommend. Instead, use the Committee of Evidence system, get at the whole truth, get all sides heard and do what's recommended by the Committee - and you'll have justice, control over your people and better protection for them."
HCO PL 22 Sep AD 13 CONCERNING COMMITTEES OF EVIDENCE
The Committee is to be thoroughly familiar with the policies on Scientology Jurisprudence, HCO PL 16 May 80 II SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS and HCOB 27 Sep 66 THE ANTI-SOCIAL PERSONALITY - THE ANTI-SCIENTOLOGIST.
The Committee has seven days to have their findings and recommendations to the Convening Authority.
Lt. Cmdr. Sandy Radburn SMI OFFICER INTERNATIONAL
Authorized by AVC INTERNATIONAL
AVCI:SR:gg Copyright © 1983 by SMI LRH quotes copyright © 1963, 1980, 1982, 1983 by L. Ron Hubbard ALL RIGHTS RESERVED